Trinty Reformed Church (Queens)
The congregation consists of both German speaking and English-speaking members. Even today the congregation has two worship celebrations on Sundays. The German language service is traditional in style and the English language service is blended in style with traditional and contemporary elements and music.
Here is how it all started. In 1843 an English-speaking congregation was formed in New York City at Avenue B and Fifth Street. They were part of the Reformed Church in America. In 1853 a small group of German speaking people came together in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn and started a congregation there. They became part of the Deutsche Evangelische Lutherische St. Petri Kirche. Eventually the two congregations decided to merge in 1919, with Pastor George Wacker as the first minister of the united church. They moved to our present location in 1926. The Sanctuary in which we still worship today was dedicated to the glory of God on Feb. 27, 1927.
The only Reformed Church in Queens County with a German worship celebration.
German Service always on Sunday Mornings at 9:00am