Richard Strauss: ElectraThursday, April 14, 2016 - Saturday, May 7, 2016
The genius director Patrice Chéreau (From the House of the Dead) didn’t live to see his great Elektra production, previously presented in Aix and Milan, make it to the stage of the Met. But his overpowering vision lives on with soprano Nina Stemme - unmatched today in the heroic female roles of Strauss and Wagner - who portrays Elektra’s primal quest for vengeance.
Legendary German-born mezzo-soprano Waltraud Meier is chilling as Elektra’s fearsome mother, Klytämnestra. Soprano Adrianne Pieczonka and bass Eric Owens are Elektra’s troubled siblings. Chéreau’s musical collaborator, Esa-Pekka Salonen, conducts.
- Thursday, April 14, 2016, 8:00 pm
- Monday, April 18, 2016, 8:00 pm
- Saturday, April 23, 2016, 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 8:00 pm
- Saturday, April 30, 2016, 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 8:00 pm
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 8:00 pm